Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you detail-oriented? Are you dependable? If your answer is yes, then this is for you!
Big Sur Lodging is hiring for a Administrator Office Assistant to assist the Office Manager/General Manager and acting as a liaison between lodge, department heads to ensure a smooth operation of the lodge. Maintains all files, correspondence and records in the department. Typing, filing, answering phones, taking messages. Any other duties, tasks requested.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called “mini-Yosemite” for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers families and adventurers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
- Daily Sales Reports
- Daily Flash Reports
- Daily deposits
- A/P Coding and Entry
- Verification of Vendor Statements
- Maintain Up to Date spreadsheets/databases on:
- Daily Sales, Over/Short’s, Monthly vendors, Accounts Receivables
- Housing Deposits and Housing assignments Assure that all items for month end process are submitted on time to corporate office Review and research any problem areas or discrepancies appearing on the Preliminary Operating Statement, and work with the Office Manager on any corrections to be submitted to corporate office.
- Set up new hires, process changes and terminations in both the Attendance program; as well as the corporate PeopleSoft 850 program
- Generate weekly or as needed Time Edit reports and distribute to managers
- Process all Time Edits as indicated by managers Human Resources
- Process all new hire paperwork packets, employee data/pay rate changes, and employee terminations.
- Set up and maintain databases/spreadsheets for employee I.D. dates, birthdays, PTO and Holidays taken/due.
- Assist employees with inquiries and requests in respect to Uniforms, Health Insurance, Payroll problems, etc., etc.
- Maintain all Workman’s Comp files, respond to inquiries from Sedgewick
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- This position requires you to pass a credit check
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Management, Hospitality, or related college degree preferred
- At least 6 months experience in an administrative position required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments
- Strong knowledge of Office software, especially Word and Excel; ability to quickly learn web-based HR systems
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 5 lbs. regularly and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods
- Read and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of applicants and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly in order to be understood by same in English
- Constantly communicate and receive written and verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others)
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.